In recognition that there has been a 40% increase year on year in the number of complaints received against firms undertaking a Consumer Credit activity, coupled with the majority of financial promotions withdrawals, due to being none FCA-complaint, coming from firms with permissions for the Consumer Credit we have developed services to remedy this and enable your business to remain compliant
If you use direct mail, printed–media, or online advertising, then we can ensure that these promotions don’t fall foul of the required standards.
Advertising and marketing is your shop window for many of your own clients and this has to be FCA compliant. Before you go to print, or publication, why not let us conduct a financial promotion review first and you can be sure you are operating within the FCA’s expectations. This service is available at just £145.00 per hour
Website Regulatory Review and Report
Let our experienced team of Compliance Experts perform a comprehensive regulatory review of the website against the requirements of FCA CONC Sourcebook and also comment on E-commerce, Distance Selling and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations, where appropriate
Not only will we identify any non-compliance, we will recommend improvements and grade compliance issues from a simple recommendation to a call for immediate action. We provide proposed remedial actions and can support you in the implementation of these.
The Handbook is constantly updating. Your website may have been “approved” previously at some point, but is it compliant now?
The cost for this extensive and essential service is £425.00
So why is it so important to have a website which is FCA compliant?
- Your website is not only the firm’s shop window for future customers, but, also a window of opportunity for FCA (and other regulators). It can be the FCA’s first introduction to a firm;
- Often it is all the regulator will know about the firm – if the website is unclear or misleading then the FCA is likely to delve deeper.
- The website, or communication, or financial promotion, is often the first part of the customer journey and is critical to demonstrate to FCA that the firm treats its customers fairly. Get this wrong and the chances are that there are other problems within the firm
- Technically the website has to comply with the Handbook requirements, but, overall has to be clear, fair and not misleading;
- Your website must be balanced in the information it provides. All relevant information about the product on offer must be included, both good, and not so good. Remember an advertisement can be misleading by omission too
- Most importantly, it must be likely to be understood by its target audience. This is of particular importance if you have identified your market as potentially vulnerable
Read what our clients say about this service
“Consumer Credit Compliance helped us getting through a nerve wrecking period of applying for full FCA authorization in the High Cost Short Term Credit space (a.k.a. payday loans). Our business depends on our FCA license and we could not be able to work without it. Our industry is also very strictly regulated and every aspect of the application had to be thoroughly examined. We had to make sure we are 100% compliant in everything we do including our websites, our marketing standards and practices, our regulatory business plan, business continuity policies, local approved persons and more. Consumer credit compliance were always professional and ready to help and this is what matters most! We also intend to use their ongoing support program for ongoing compliance”
Avner Brodsky, Money Gap Group Limited