On Thursday 8th November 2018, Consumer Credit Compliance hosted an FCA training workshop at Rudding Park, Harrogate.
The course was delivered by Martin Fenton, Director of Training at Consumer Credit Compliance, and aimed to help businesses understand and comply with FCA requirements.
Workshop topics included :
• What the regulator expects from firms: ➢ The FCA’s approach ➢ Statutory objectives ➢ Principles based regulation
• How the FCA supervises firms: ➢ Day to day enforcement and supervision ➢ The “3 pillars” ➢ Regulatory reporting regime
• Responsibilities of the Approved Person (soon to be SM&CR): ➢ Controlled Functions ➢ The fit and proper test
• Map your Customer Journey: ➢ Identify areas of risk ➢ Build a Compliance Monitoring Programme (self-audit)
• How to prepare for a third-party audit or a visit from the regulator